Baby's Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, 12 August 2012

Magazine play

This week's thrifty play involved an old magazine. I was about to throw it away, but gave it to Baby K as I was getting ready. He started by crunching it up, which was great fun. I then tore a page and he liked the sound. I helped him to tear a few more pieces off before letting him explore on his own. Eventually, he managed to tear a piece himself. We were both thrilled with that.
I supervised this activity carefully again as Baby K did put the magazine in his mouth a few times. I didn't want him chomping on it too much in case bits came off.



I will repeat this activity as it was so much fun. Next time,  will give Baby K seperate pieces, however, as I did think afterwards that it may prevent him from thinking he can tear all books and magazines!

No comments:

Post a Comment